In this post we’re going to talk about player support. Player support is a hugely important part of our plans for YoWorld. It ties directly into our YoValue of Community Engagement, and we’re investing heavily in a smart, capable team to make sure the community is taken care of. We strongly believe that high quality player support is beneficial for everyone.
We now have an openly accessible set of contact forms for players to use above the game. You can click the ‘Help’ tab to find them. Please make sure you read what each form is for before you fill one in. When you submit the form, a ticket sent to our team where it will be reviewed. If it requires a response or we need more information from you, we’ll follow up as soon as possible.
If a response is needed, the time frame for our reply will depend on how many other tickets we have to deal with, but rest assured we’ll get to you. It will be sent to the email address you provided when you filled out the contact form, so make sure it’s correct!
Our team will concentrate on providing one on one player support solely via this system for efficiency, privacy and oversight reasons. Live chat will not be continued. The forums will be recreated and our team will post on there, but it won’t be a place for one on one support. We have no current plans to provide support via twitter or similar channels, however this may change.
Now that we’ve outlined how player support will operate, it’s time to talk a little more about specific rules and policies we’ll be putting in place. There will be more than is listed here, but we wanted to make these particular ones known right away as we anticipate they will generate the most feedback.
- Privacy and security – Our player support team can only deal with you, and the details of your account whenever you contact us. This means we cannot give you details about someone else’s account, any support interactions with them, nor can we give them items on your behalf, including your coins or yocash. We will absolutely never take away someone else’s items, coins or yocash without dealing with them directly. NOTE: This means we cannot reverse trades or auction transactions.
- Lost Items – Losing items is seemingly something that does happen in the game currently, and we’ve added tracking to make sure we can find out where these items are going and fix any bugs that may be causing problems. We will need to verify an item did exist before we can replace it for you. Unfortunately we are unable to recover items lost prior to May 13th for technical reasons. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding on this.
- Support limitations – Player support will be available to everyone, except in cases where a player abuses our systems or our staff members, in which case we reserve the right to end support for that particular player.
- Suggestions and Feedback – We welcome your feedback and suggestions, and will pass them to the team for consideration. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean we can make what you want happen, so please keep this in mind. Additionally, if we are able to do so, it’s on the understanding that you provided us with your ideas of your own free will, and can expect no remuneration or credit for doing so.
- Inappropriate Names – If you bypass the name filter and call yourself something rude or profane, we can and will permanently change your name to either whatever your Facebook name is, or something decidedly uncool like “Wadsworth Featherbottom”.
- Player Reports – We will only take action against a player if we can substantiate rule breaking activity from our system logs. We cannot accept screenshots or chat logs as 100% proof. Please do still send them in though, as they will be useful in our investigations.
- Inappropriate Behavior – If you behave inappropriately in-game, we reserve the right to take any action we feel is necessary to prevent you from doing so again. Please play nicely.
- Account Bans – We will reverse bans on players who we cannot find an obvious reason for their ban, this will be done automatically within 14 days. If an account has many fraudulent items, YoCash that cannot be accounted for or other obvious signs of hacking, permanent bans will remain in place. Additionally, further bans will be handed out for obvious hackers who had escaped security measures previously.
Questions, comments or concerns? Contact us using the ‘Help’ tab in-game. Thanks!
Big Viking Games